Are you passionate about ending poverty? Wish your career could be your calling? Want a job that means more?
Work for GAiN and use your God-given talents to serve the world’s poor and needy people in the name of Jesus.
Job Ad: Partnership Development Officer
Location: North Parramatta, Sydney NSW Australia
Employment Type: Full time, Part time
The Partnership Development Officer (PDO) is responsible for assisting the CEO in donor development. The work is done through effectively and efficiently implementing all plans and strategies to establish, build up and maintain good relationships with Donors, Churches and Corporates. He/she will ensure GAiN will maintain a good relationship with donors and keeping them tied into the work of GAiN lifting donor involvement and expanding the donor base. This role primarily focuses on establishing, strengthening/broadening the direct relationship of donors with GAiN through CEO (or designated Relationship Manager)
GAiN www.globalaid.net.au is the humanitarian partner of Power to Change www.powertochange.org.au.
- Carry out marketing and public relations activities to raise the profile of GAiN and Power to Change and expanding the supporter base
- Build relationship with donors and organizations support the missions of GAiN
- Create and organise fundraising initiatives and events
- Approach potential donors and maintain donor lists
- Liaise with external agencies, including voluntary sector organisations, the media, local authorities, business contacts, trustees and other stakeholders or clients
- Recruit and coordinate the work of volunteers
- Research and search for government and corporate grants; and submit applications in agreement with GAiN CEO.
What you need to possess
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to build successful partnerships
- Flexibility and time management
- Commitment & passion for and belief in GAiN’s vision, mission and core values
- Good understanding of the charity and voluntary work sector, and its relationship with other sectors
- Appreciation of marketing and PR methods along with commercial understanding
- Strong administrative skills, possibly including numeracy
- Well-developed data administration (Excel/DB) skills including records management, data management with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Initiative, creativity and ability to be forward-thinking
- Research, analysis and planning skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Understanding of the important role of volunteers
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt.
In order to be considered for this role, please view our website including the link to GAiN. Click here to be directed to our website.
Your application will need to include:
- Cover Letter – Clearly outlining how you meet the role requirements, including your cultural fit within GAiN and Power to Change and with how you meet the Job Requirements. No more than two pages in total. (Please note that this job is a salaried position for the first year.)
- Current CV
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. Please email your application to David.Harvey@powertochange.org.au. For all other enquiries please call Jiji Skariah on 0414 157 916
(Recruitment agencies need not enquire or apply. Only direct candidate applications will be considered.)